AAUW MISSION

Mission: AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education and research.

VISION STATEMENT

Vision: AAUW will be a powerful advocate and visible leader in equity and education through research, philanthropy, and measurable change in critical areas impacting the lives of women and girls.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Convention Follow-Up and Thank You
Thank you for helping  host the convention in Grand Rapids with 29 branches around the state for the 2 day convention at Timberlake on April 26 and 27, 2019.
The convention had not been held in Grand Rapids since 1982.

We had so many wonderful convention teammates from our Grand Rapids branch helping:
Karen Karls, Marj Lavalier, Elaine Thorstenson, Jan Miland, Cheryl Vogel, Nancy Raymond, Colleen Nardone, Marva Jean Hutchens, Myrna Peterson, Juliet Jones,  Jean Hoshal, Vicki Holstrom, Karen Lonson, Marilyn Rossman, Arlene Wheaton, Jan Hill, Brenda Ruud, Jeanne Walthour, Marion Barry, Louise Koglin Fidelty, Mac Custer, Gayle Coyer, Pat Anderson, Kathy Pliska, Janis Johnson, Marlys Mestemacher, Norma Eppinga, Marion Barry, Helen Alhbrecht, Kathy Spencer,  Barb Richer,Judy MacAlpine, Lynn Moratzka,  Lily Winter,Susan LaVelle, Betty Brandt, Jan Bilden  (and hope I did not miss anyone)
Thank you so much and we could not have done it without you!

Thank you so much to members contributing to the silent auction:
Jan Hill, Lily Winter,  Brenda Ruud, Cathy Davies, Juliet Jones, Nancy Raymond, Jeanne Walthour,  Marj Lavalier, Janis Johnson, Betty Brandt, Anita Firman.....sorry if I missed anyone!

Member Cathy Davies was one of the Workshop Presenters talking about and showing pictures from her motorcycle trip around the world.   After the presentation I heard so many comments from  "going through the mud, her tenacity, the determination and I am in awe."    My favorite picture were the goats in the trees eating fruit!

Just read through the convention evaluations and one comment was: "Grand Rapids--don't wait so long to host another state convention -it was great."

Cyndy Agle & Deanna Ensley
Co-Presidents

Testimonials from our members on the state convention....We hope 
this will inspire many of you to attend the state convention in 2020.   
When we have a location and date I will pass along the information.   
This shows what a great convention that our Grand Rapids branch put 
on.The best comments are "I am so proud of our Grand Rapids branch!"    
We all are!!

Our member, Marilyn Rossman, has been a member for 61 years and what a positive testimonial for the state convention held here.   We can be very proud of our Grand Rapids branch! "The Convention was great .  It really reflected careful planning and cooperation by all the members who helped in any way. I am so proud of your work.  I have been to at least  46 conventions in my 61 years  AAUW of membership and  this was one of the best.  I thought  that the speakers were among the very best.   Marva Jean's timer’s ending of the Z’s speech connection with the Friday speech by Kathy Annette. was just perfect for the occasion.  I too want to know how  Dr Z ’s case  turns out.    Brave woman! the Z.    Big Thanks to all the members who helped and attended."
  Mailyn Rossman

Not that my two cents are needed - I agree with everyone's comments.  But as a dual member of Mpls and GR chapters, and as a first time attendee at a state convention, I could not be prouder of my Grand Rapids group and I was so glad I came!  Well done - I sure like your "can do" attitude! 
Alice

Thanks to Cyndy, Deanna and everyone who helped “our” convention go so wonderfully.  Since she has been to  46 of these events, Marilyn’s words of praise seem especially cogent.  Kudos to all!  Pat Anderson (I have vague memories of helping in 1982 when the event was last here.)

This was my 1st AAUW convention so I can't compare.  You GR Ladies had everything so well organized.  Environment seemed very welcoming.  I'm pleased I could be a part of this positive event.
Cathy Davies

Kudos from me too.  I’m in Rogers for a granddaughters play but I’m tired.  And....I’m not Cyndy and Deanna who did all the work.  The best part were the two great speakers.
Nancy Raymond

I agree Cindy and Deanne and rest did a wonderful job with convention. It was all so Informative and exciting.  Thanks again to all who worked so hard.  Barb Ricker

I agree as well! Deanna and Cyndy did a wonderful job. Their attention to detail did not go unnoticed. All members as well as Timberlake truly made this a wonderful event. I am happy and proud to be a member of the AAUW - Grand Rapids Branch! Kathleen

Yes, a proud moment for the chapter and Grand Rapids. Well done even to the little things like the MN women’s nature logo on all the little things.  Class act!
Jeanne

KUDOS TO EVERYONE! WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF WOMEN WE HAVE IN GRAND RAPIDS, WHO ALWAYS STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND GO ABOVE AND BEYOND!!
CHEERS!!  AAUW FRIENDS
JULIET

I agree, Juliet!  Well done GR AAUW!! Much thanks to you, Cyndy and Deanna, for leading us AND all who made the event a success! It would be interesting, and maybe we can help in some way(s)--??, if we could keep a connection with Z (Dr. Zoe Spencer).  A compelling story and one to share with the GR Chapter members who could not be in attendance for the Convention.I learned, had fun and was proud to be a part of it!     Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment